Mergers and acquisitions
Mergers & acquisitions are our speciality.
Take the lead and start expanding your business today…
If you are thinking of mergers and acquisitions in order to acquire other businesses as part of your growth strategy, or if you are considering selling your business or company RPGCC’s Corporate Finance team are here to help you.
If mergers and acquisitions are something you are considering it is important that you seek professional advice to ensure your interests are best represented. Engaging in a mergers and acquisitions growth strategy can be a difficult and lengthy process, especially alongside the day-to-day responsibilities of running your business. RPGCC’s London Corporate Finance team are experts in mergers & acquisitions and can assist you every step of the way.
Reach out to us
We’re here to help at the end of the day. Let’s find out what we can do to make your life that little bit smoother.
How do RPGCC Corporate Finance help with mergers & acquisitions?
Our Corporate Finance team will provide strategic planning to determine the suitable acquisition criteria, identify potential target companies and conduct the necessary studies into their affairs. They will also help you negotiate a strategy, perform financial and operational due diligence, and prepare the necessary financial projections to give you the best possible chance of success.
RPGCC Corporate Finance will also help you identify potential sources of capital financing and prepare and present finance applications.
Our experienced Corporate Finance team will ensure that you feel comfortable and confident with the execution of the merger or acquisition throughout, and happy that your business is now stronger than ever.
Sell-Side – Mergers and acquisitions
Selling your business involves a complex process and you need independent advice from an advisor who is experienced in handling these types of transactions. The old saying that “you only sell your company once and you need to do it well” is as true today as it ever was. In addition, you need to focus on running your business whilst a sale process in undertaken so we take all of the process for the sale transaction into our hands.
We offer a senior lead, confidential advisory service to shareholders who wish to sell their business through merger and acquisition. This typically includes the following:
- Pre-sale planning and due diligence to ensure that the Company is in the best shape possible to undergo a sales process;
- Advice on valuation;
- Preparation of an information memorandum providing non-sensitive commercial, financial and operational information on the Company;
- Approach to, and negotiation with, potential acquirors who have been pre-agreed with you;
- Project management through to completion of the sale of the company to the preferred acquiror;
- Help and advice on any tax structuring that may be required in order to maximise the proceeds that you receive from the sale of your business.
If all of the above sounds a bit procedural, it’s really not. The journey through the sale process is full of bumps in the road but we are with you every step of the way, providing best in class advice and support to help you achieve the best outcome.
Buy-Side – Mergers and acquisitions
Acquisitions, when done correctly, are an efficient way of achieving different objectives – economies of scale, geographic, customer and service expansion, to name but a few.
Here at RPGCC, we provide an end-to-end corporate finance advisory service for those Companies and businesses who are looking to make acquisitions, including:
- Market mapping to identify target companies that meet your acquisition criteria;
- Approach to agreed target companies;
- Full support and advice through negotiation with preferred target companies, financial due diligence and project management through to completion of an acquisition; and
- Through our network of relations with funders, we are also able to help in sourcing of any debt funding required to support an acquisition.
We are of the opinion that the best way to achieve successful acquisitions is to undertake a proactive approach to the identification of, and negotiation with, target companies, as outlined above. Adopting this approach usually means you identify the best companies to fit your acquisition criteria. Furthermore, you get to negotiate with these companies on an “off market” basis and ultimately achieve better terms on the transaction.
Further information on mergers and acquisitions
When it comes to mergers and acquisitions it is important that you time your business disposal to minimise your tax exposure.
If you would like to speak to a member of our Corporate Finance team about mergers and acquisitions, business disposal, exit, valuation or sale, contact us or telephone us on 020 7870 9050. Or you can visit our web chat in the bottom right corner which is manned during office hours and you can leave a message out of hours.
The RPGCC team are always just a click or call away.